SEO seems like a valuable subject to know about right?
The problem with SEO is that there’s so much to learn, it’s a vast domain of knowledge, with many branches that could each take up thier own websites of related information.
SEO is always changing, and a lot of incorrect or outdated information is republished.
What I’m trying to do is break it down into it’s various components.
The fundamental building blocks of SEO are:
- Keyword Reserach
- Internal linking and Site Structure
- A Multitude of Technical Optimizations.
Most of those optimizations revolve around gradually making every individual piece of code on your site more machine readable, so that it communicates essential bits of information to a variety of connecting sites\services that make it stand out from the crowd.
Before you worry about SEO
Mind you… none of this matters as much as having the highest quality content, if you’d like to show up (and\or remain) in the search rankings.
It’s better to start with a good foundation…
You should have at least 4 pages of 1500+ word information dense content. Find a subject you are excited about that your target market is interested in, and do some research.
You’ll likely find many valuable links, but nothing that presents all of the information you need in one place.
If you’re working on a well-researched and indexed subject, fine tune to a particular aspect that isn’t well indexed, but is particularly useful or interesting to you.
Point being, the internet is abundant with information that isn’t well organized amongst eachother. Provide value, it’s just work… not really hard.
Theeeeeeen you can start to think about your site structure and all of the details. If you have really informational content, there are going to be quite a few keywords, naturally…
I haven’t done any seo, besides making sure image\description pops up in social media, and my site is getting organic search traffic and rising through the rankings, relatively quickly.
Granted, I put out a ton of content.. and truthfully there are a lot of things I take for granted, like naming images with a likely key-phrases.
- teles/awesome-seo - A curated list of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) links.
- marcobiedermann/search-engine-optimization - A helpful checklist / collection of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips and techniques.
I gathered all this info here in prep for writing this article:
- Before you worry about SEO
- Know Your Self-Customer-Competition
- Keyword Research
- Domain Authority
- Evergreen-Skyscraper Content
- Apply SEO to Different Platforms
- Small Business SEO
- Machine Learning
- Webmaster Guidelines - Google Search Console
- Ten SEO Fundamentals
- backlinko-SEO this Year
- 10 Fundamentals to Understanding SEO
- SEO Success Factors
- 13 SEO KPI
Know Your Self-Customer-Competition
- The Simple but Effective Guide to Keyword Competition Analysis
- Know Your Audience
- Know Your Customer
- 5 Steps - Competitive Analysis
- Moz - Competitive Research
- SEO Crawler
- Keyword Research Fundamentals -@infominer
- Moz - Keyword Research
- Building a Customer Centric Keyword Strategy
- Keyword Search Volume
- What is Keyword SEO Difficulty?
- How to use Difficulty in you Keyword Research Process
- Long-Tail Keywords
- Focus on Long-Tail Keywords
- LSI Keywords and Keywords Density
I hear that Domain Authority is outdated.. but idk.
- precisebench.com -How to Increase Domain Authority
- [seopressor.com - How to Increase Domain Authority]https://seopressor.com/blog/how-to-increase-domain-authority/)
- How to rank first if you have low authority site.
- Practical Steps for Improving Domain AUthority
- Techtage - How to Increase Domain Authority
- [Neil Patel - Boost your Domain Authority](https://neilpatel.com/blog/boost-your-domain-authority/
Internal Linking-Cornerstone Content
- What is Cornerstone Content?
- Cornerstone Content - Yoast
- Cornerstone Content
- How to Create Cornerstone Content that Google Loves
- Cornerstone Content Guide
Creating 10x Content:
- Examples of trending quality content:
- Guest Blogging
- “opinion-forming journalism from recognized experts, and data-driven research studies showed a strong correlation between shares and links.”
- Client case studies: These are shared by the client and can include exciting information about how they achieved their results, which can help others.
- Infographics: These still get shared heavily online and are a great way to provide an instant view of data on a specific topic. It can be fun and informative, and usually, are republished on other blogs and shared on social media.
- Other content that highlights influencers: This could include podcasts or video interviews.
- Industry surveys: Many publishers do annual industry surveys, which have become well-known (and well-cited) each time they are released.
- Free content or tools: This could include long-form content such as ebooks, or useful tools like quizzes and personalized reports that give users the helpful information they didn’t know before. -What to do when things go wrong
- 1000 word articles vs 2000 word articles
- Historical Blog SEO Optimization
- How to get Quality Backlinks
- 60 Niche Social Networks Marketers Should Know About
- 12 Ways to get Free Backlinks
- Smart ways to get Backlinks “At Scale”
- youtube - ahrefs - Copy My Link Building System: How to Get Backlinks “At Scale”
- Title Tag
- Meta Descriptions
- video content
- header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.).
- Anchor Text
- Page Speed Podcast
- Search Engine Friendly URL
- Social Sharing Buttons
- User Experience
- Top SEO KPI
- Organic Sessions
- Keyword Ranking Increases
- Bounce Rate
- Average Session Duration
- Page Load Time
- Top Exit Pages
- Crawl Errors
Apply SEO to Different Platforms
- App store
- YouTube channel and video
- Google My Business
- Social media
- Wordpress SEO Secret: Switching Post H1-H2 Tags - Essential Optimization for Wordpress users to ensure
- Wordpress Local-SEO
- Show Date Last Modified
- SEO Changing Article Dates