Google and Company
- Google Analytics - duh - free tools to track and analyze website data.
- Google Webmaster - Tools Suite, Diagnostic
- Google Search Console - what you’re already ranking for, straight from google.
- Google PageSpeed Insights
- Google’s Mobile Friendly Test
- Google Sitemap Generators
- Bing Webmaster Tools - Similar to Google’s Webmaster Tools.
- YouTube Analytics - must-have for YouTube video publishers.
- A Must-Have Guide for Decoding the Google Rankings
For adding ^^^ this link to my page (It seems like a decent guide.) they gave me this cool video :)
Limited Trial-Power Tools
- SEMRush - offers a limited amount of free searches, but packs a lot of value into that search.
- ahrefs.com/site-explorer - Powerful keyword research, a lot more than any free tool. (See bottom of linked article for how much more powerful)
- moz.com/explorer a useful tool for keyword research and competitive analysis. Trial limited to 10 searches.
- Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin - #1 Wordpress SEO Plugin
- Moz Pro - Tools Suite: Diagnostic, Tracking, Social - all your marketing data in one place, with analytics.
- Optimizely - A/B testing and analytics
- Raven - suite of SEO, content, and research tools
- Visual Website Optimizer
- Wordtracker - keyword research suite
Audit and Analytics
- Seomator free online SEO Audit Tool. This tool crawls your website and provides an analysis. If you are just beginning to optimize, Seomator will likely highlight a number of issues you can begin to fix right away.
- SEO Quake Chrome Extension provides on-the-fly analysis of any webpage you visit.
“More raw data than any other SEO toolbar out there.” -moz
“must-have for most serious SEOs.” -moz
- Bitly.com - Analytics
- Builtwith.com - find out what websites are made of.
- Chrome Webscraping Extension
- Similarweb - Competitive analysis “Competitor website stats are hard to come by, but Similar Web does a good job.” -moz
- Browseo - See your website the way the search engine sees it.
- SEER’s SEO Toolbox
- SEO Toolbar - information including backlinks and competitive research.
- SEO Tools for Excel
- SEOgadget Tools includes Excel plugins, content strategy generator….
- URI Valet - check server headers, canonical information, analyzing redirect problems and more.
- Virante SEO Tools
- Xenu’s Link Sleuth - Site Crawler, find broken links, create sitemaps, etc.
- Raven Tools Site Audit
- Nibbler Audit for accessibility, SEO, social media, technology. (limited to 3 reports)
- Statcounter - Free-Lightweight analytics - alternative to Google Analytics for privacy.
- Whois Lookup registration, contact, and administrative information for any domain.
- http://www.quicksprout.com/ - Website Analysis
Rank and Visibility
- Search Engine Rank Checker
- Searchmetrics Visibility Charts - Track search visibility of any website
- SERPmetrics - SERP Tracking, Competitive Intelligence
- Use Fetch as Google for websites - Test if Google can crawl your web page
- Anchor Text Over Optimization Tool
- Similar Page Checker - will give a score of how closely the HTML of two pages matches.
- Robots.txt tool
- https://matomo.org - light alternative to google analytics
- Test your mobile speed
- PageSpeed Insights - Make your web pages fast on all devices
- Responsive Design Testing across Devices
- Pingdom - Speed tools
- webpagetest.org - speed - performance
- Google Keyword Planner [Article]
- Amazon’s Kewordtool.io
- Check your raking for a given keyword
- answerthepublic.com - finds questions, prepositions, comparisons, alphabeticals, and related searches.
- Google Correlate - finds search patterns corresponding with real‐world trends
- How to use Google Trends for Keyword Research
- Google Trends
- Jaaxy - has “quoted search result” feature, good for determining keyword competition
- Keyword Shitter
- AdWord & SEO Keyword Permutation Generator
- Wordstream Free Keyword Tools
- Topvisor - keyword tools - monitors the position of web pages for different keywords on Search Engine Result Pages.
- Keywordeye - keyword reserach with visualizations
- nTopic - gives your content a “relevancy score” and offers keyword suggestions to improve it.
- Keywordseverywhere.com - browser addon providing search volume, CPC & competitive data.
- Wordtracker Scout - extension that grabs the most relevant keywords from a web-page.
- Soovle - suggested keywords from Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon and more.
- SERPS - Rank Checker
- Website Authority Checker
- Bulk Domain Authority Checker
- Bulk DA, PA & IP Checker – SEOWEATHER
- Domain Authority Checker
- Social Crawlytics - see your competitors’ most-shared content, and many other features.
- SharedCount - discover how content is shared socially.
- Circle Count - Social Analytics
- Social Mention - Enter a search term and see who’s sharing what (live)
- knowem.com - brainstorm new social media names
- RowFeeder - track social usernames, hashtags and keywords - export to Excel.
- Yougov - measures the popularity and fame of anything and everything, based on millions of responses from the American public.
- Demographics Pro - analyze Twitter and Instagram profiles to give you insight into the followers.
- Think With Google - Marketer’s Almanac
- factfinder.census.gov - search U.S. census data.
- Make My Perona
- Pew Research - economic conditions, political attitudes, social media usage—interactive charts
- Hubspot Research
- Canva Infographic Creator
- easel.ly - free create infographics
- Amara - create captions for YouTube videos.
- Content Strategy Tool - Find inspiration for your content marketing topics
- Copyscape - track if your content is being plagiarized.
- Google Public Data - content research, infographics, and more.
- Google SERP Snippet Optimization Tool - see how your snippet may appear in search results.
- infogr.am - create infographics and data visualizations
- Text Cleaner - cleans up all kinds of text formatting when copying and pasting between applications.
- wordle - word cloud generator
- Yahoo Pipes combines feeds “into content and other magical creations”.
- Piktochart - visualization generator.
- Wistia - SEO-friendly video hosting.
- Boomerang - follow-up email reminders.
- Buzzstream Tools Suite -
- Domain Hunter Plus - Chrome extension to check for broken links.
- email-format.com - find the email address formats in use at thousands of companies
- Google Mapmaker - allows you to contribute to public map information, which may be shared and incorporated into Google Maps.
- linkstant.com - alerts you when you recieve a link
- Linksy.me Email Guesser
- mailtester.com - check an e-mail address without sending it a spam test message
- MyBlogGuest - Find Guest Posting opportunities
- Majestic SEO - Link Research\Building, Competitive Analysis - free options great for link research.
- Check Listing - checks name-address-phone number across local listings
- Whitespark Local Citation Finder
- SharedCount API - combined statistics of Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- Google Analytics API -for building custom reports and tools, and also for pulling data straight into Excel or Google Docs.
- SEOgadget Links API - lets you gather backlink data and contact information.
- Social Authority API How much reach and social authority do your followers and the people you want to connect with have?
- Majestic SEO API
- Mozscape API
Track Google Algorithm
- Track Google Algorithm Updates
- Mozcast - tracks changes in the SERPs.
- Panguin Tool - connects with Google Analytics to track Google Algorithm.
- SEMRush Sensor
- Rank Risk Index
- Google Algorithm Changes
- Cognitiveseo.com - Signals
You can minimize your chances of avoiding a huge impact by always focusing on the SEO fundamentals. Avoid any shortcuts or spammy tactics that may have short-term gains but could create disaster in the long term.
You’re far better off understanding your audience and creating content that builds your authority, relevance, and trust.